Design by Katarina VanDemark

Design by Katarina VanDemark
The Eyes of Guy

Monday, April 25, 2016

Second Prose

Yesterday a darker side of humanity availed itself to me. I experienced and was the outlet for unbridled passion and rage, the kind you’d only expect from a prize bull whose testicles are in the vice. I believe that simile is applicable because I found animalistic fury and unprovoked fervor which I had previously been blind to; perhaps I had ignored it purposefully. I’m thankful this frenzy was not unleashed upon a younger man for he surely would’ve reacted in kind. Instead, here is what I gleaned from the experience:
  •     Humans may not be rational but volatile.
  •     Words hold the power to incite and escalate as well as soothe and coerce.
  •     It is simple to leverage power over another.
  •     Playing music syncs one to another, along with dancing or other tandem, harmonious activities.
  •     Some actively resist enlightenment.
  •     Jealousy is a direct contributor to all things violent, be they words or deeds.
  •     Confidence awakens deeply rooted fear and insecurity.
  •     A commanding presence impresses their impression of you, be it false or true.
  •     Do not assume comprehension, especially when utilizing light-hearted wit.
  •     Once an individual begins to stumble, they will not stop. They will stumble further in an attempt to right themselves, making them look much more the fool, and allowing them to fall much harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment