Design by Katarina VanDemark

Design by Katarina VanDemark
The Eyes of Guy

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Beginning of Peculiarity

The Guy is an avid internet user, perusing Reddit or YouTube comments on a regular basis, so I will assume he is up to date with the most popular internet trends. I have also found that part of his daily routine is, after waking up, if a conversation has yet to begin on Thugz Chat, he likes to start one. Generally it began with a simple "yo" or "what's going on," however, one day, things changed. This is what he led with, to which I was rudely shocked from my morning grogginess...
A selfie, and a poor one at that. Sure the mustache is impeccable, such that even I envy, but I imagined this Guy as one who was beyond today's self-centered culture. The fact that he seemingly had been corrupted by popular social media shook me to my very core. Such an unorthodox man, one who had left college to wander the globe for an indefinite period of time, returning only after the passing of a dear friend of ours, I did not dream could give into such a horrendous trend. After I saw this my own will broke and even I gave into the trend. I did not know what was right in the world any longer. But all my hopes and dreams were restored when he gave the Thugz a bit more context the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment